Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Snickerdoodle of Enlightenment

One of the things I have been known to say is that 'Life is too short to eat food you don't like'. Sometimes I'm referring to fake or 'diet food' like margarine or fat free cheese, other times I'm talking about food that's cold or burnt or otherwise not the way you like it, and then there are times you just aren't hungry anymore so you just don't want to eat anymore.

Then there are the times when the food is just plain not good. This time it was a lousy cookie. I don't mean lousy as in 'measly'. I mean lousy as in 'What do you have to do to a Snickerdoodle to make it taste this bad?',  and the obvious follow up question 'People actually pay for cookies this bad? Why?'. (yes, it was a storebought cookie. I'm not going to malign anyone's baking skills)

Eternal questions such as this aside,  I managed to follow my own advice for a change. I tossed it in the trash and didn't look back.

Somehow I think I'll be making cookies of my own later this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment