Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Revival

So. Four years. Should I actually say 'I can't believe it's been that long'? Actually I can. So much has happened in those four years. Some good. Some not so good. Pretty much like everyone else's life. 

There'll be time to talk about all that later. Right now I want to go straight to what brought me here. I admit it. I lost that connection with my body and that peace I had just four years ago and I want it back.

Somewhere along the line, there was a moment. I can't pinpoint when it occured, but it was that moment when I heard about a new diet and did not turn away. What followed is so familiar to me, as I'm sure it is to many people. Initial success, eventual failure, rebound weight gain, and the quest for another diet in the hopes that there is a 'right one' out there for me that will work this time, even though there has never once in the history of my life been any other result than the one that I had just been through.

How did I fall for it again? No. That's pointless to think about. The point now is the here and now and from now on. Draw a line under the past four years and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment