Monday, August 6, 2012

We Have Normality

Not really, but I like that line. It's from one of my favorite books. I could say which, but I think it would be fun to see if anyone knows it. If you do, please comment :)

It's been a long and busy weekend. After a hot, lazy July, it seems like everyone is cramming as much fun as they can into August. I get that. In July, the long hot days of summer stretch out ahead of you. In August the days are noticeably shorter, somewhat cooler (95 is cooler than 105, right?) and the start of school is just days away.

This weekend we had three parties. There would have been four, but we couldn't fit it in. After three days of more food (and drink) and less sleep and activity than usual, I am feeling the need for some normality. What I want most is just the right amount of good, simple, nourishing food and a relaxing, evening walk followed up by a good night's sleep.

I love the fact that there is an gentle and natural balance to this area of my life now. There is no 'have to'. No good/bad, guilt or punishment. I don't have to 'work off' the excess, or starve myself to 'make up' for stuffing myself yesterday.

I don't have to tell myself that because my body is sending me messages loud and clear saying 'All full up here. Take a break. Some sleep and a walk would be nice, though.' and I don't have to keep track of anything. All I have to do is listen and trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment