Tuesday, November 27, 2012

'Mean Eyes'

I saw this post recently and wanted to share.

'.....How confusing it must have been to have me say to them [my daughters], "You think I am beautiful, but you are wrong. You are small and you love me, so you're not smart enough to know how unattractive I am. I know I am ugly because I see myself with mean eyes. You are my child and I love you, but I will not allow myself to be pretty, for you. No matter how shining you are when you watch me brushing my hair and pulling my dress over my head. No matter how much you want to be just like me, I can't be beautiful for you and I don't know why.".....
http://offbeatmama.com/2012/11/telling-daughters-im-beautiful

That very day I had heard a woman speak of herself in mean words. Words she would never say to a friend. Words that took my breath away.

How many women see themselves with 'mean eyes'?

How few women don't?

No comments:

Post a Comment